CEGARE – Center of Experimental Surgery in Large Animals for Research and Teaching
A joint initiative of INRAE and the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Rennes, in partnership with the University Hospital of Rennes
(INRAE scientific pilot: David Val-Laillet; Scientific and educational pilot at the Rennes University Hospital: Alexis Arnaud; Head of the Pig Physiology and Phenotyping Unit – UE3P – outside NuMeCan: Eloïse Delamaire)
CEGARE is a training and research platform in experimental surgery on porcine models jointly piloted by INRAE and the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Rennes, in partnership with the University Hospital of Rennes. The INRAE Bretagne Normandie center via the Experimental Unit Physiology and Phenotyping of Pigs (UE3P) located in Saint Gilles provides CEGARE with the necessary means: Surgery units, animal facilities, animals and skills dedicated to the porcine models (conventional pig and minipig).
The objectives of CEGARE are to:
1) Train medical students, interns and clinicians at the Rennes University Hospital through procedural simulation on porcine models so as to enable them to acquire new skills or perfect gestures, in surgery as in other interventional disciplines;
2) Offer training in surgery or interventional disciplines to a wider audience, including students and clinicians from other universities and/or hospitals, or even an audience from the medical industry and health technologies;
3) Supervise the implementation of collaborative research projects between Inrae, Inserm, the University and the University Hospital of Rennes, or other public and private establishments, in the field of experimental surgery on porcine models; If joint needs in anatomical or functional imaging are required, the scientific pilots of CEGARE will take care of the interaction with the different components of the PRISM platform.
An idea for a research, teaching or training project using surgery on the porcine model?
Contact us indicating (as far as possible):
- Nature of the project (research or training)
- Objectives sought
- Planned surgeries/procedures
- Animal requirements (number and characteristics)
- Periods or dates desired for this project
- Type of funding
- Contact details of the project contact person
A single email address for all your requests: firstname.lastname@example.org